Our mind is not always our friend. It can take over our consciousness and control our behavior. It can make mountains out of mouse turds and make us miserable. We obsess over relationships, finances, aging, friends and destiny. Sometimes it would be really good if we could take a vacation, a time out from our mind. Life is not as serious as we would think. Why not spend a few minutes everyday thinking of things that don’t matter? It would give our minds something fun and creative to think about rather than “does (s)he love me?” or “how am I going to survive this?” So here are a few things we can think about that will brighten our day.
DO NOT make this a goal making exercise. DO NOT try to figure out how to make any of this happen. This is simply to give your mind a rest from trying to control the world. Just dream!
(1) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
(2) If you didn’t know how old you were, what would you guess?
(3) If you could be anything, what would it be?
(4) What weighs you down the most? If you could let go of something, what would it be?
(5) What is your favorite childhood memory?
(6) Are you more interested in doing the right thing or doing things right?
(7) How would life be different if you were immortal?
(8) What is the best thing you have ever done?
(9) How long would you wait for the best thing that ever happened to you?
(10) What is your most pleasant dream?
(11) Are you living big or small?
(12) Would you live the same life if no one was watching?
(13) What would life be like if you had total amnesia?
(14) What if your biggest enemy was your best friend in heaven?
(15) What was the most upsetting thing to you 5 years ago? What do you thing about it now?
(16) When in your past did you feel the most alive?
(17) When do you feel the most you?
(18) When were you the most surprised?
(19) When did you become an adult?
(20) What would you give up to be attractive and famous?
(21) Do you make your decisions or do you let others make them for you?
(22) Who are you?
(23) What is your favorite song?
(24) What is your favorite movie?
(25) What is your favorite book?
(26) What is your favorite memory?
(27) If you could change anything what would it be?
(28) What would you give up to be happy?
(29) What was your darkest moment?
(30) Are you happy?